Welcome to the #1 Range Rover Forum and Range Rover community dedicated to Range Rover owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Range Rover Forum today!

Native Wireless Carplay Support in 2020 L405

erwan

Hi, does anyone know if there is an official / built-in way to get wireless Apple carplay support in the 2020 Range Rover L405 ?

Mine has Apple Carplay but requires a connection through the cable (which is honestly not super table). I know I can buy adapters to support carplay wirelessly but I was wondering if there is any software update available to natively support Apple Wireless Car Play on that car?

Also, am I correct to understand that Pivi and Pivi Pro are not supported on the 2020 L405 ?

Can I add third party apps to my InControl Touch Pro? Like built in spotify? If not, what good is the SIM card slot for in my car?

Thanks
Erwan

JohnSL

Hi, does anyone know if there is an official / built-in way to get wireless Apple carplay support in the 2020 Range Rover L405 ?

Mine has Apple Carplay but requires a connection through the cable (which is honestly not super table). I know I can buy adapters to support carplay wirelessly but I was wondering if there is any software update available to natively support Apple Wireless Car Play on that car?

Also, am I correct to understand that Pivi and Pivi Pro are not supported on the 2020 L405 ?

Can I add third party apps to my InControl Touch Pro? Like built in spotify? If not, what good is the SIM card slot for in my car?

Thanks
Erwan
I have never heard about official way to get wireless CarPlay. I am currently using the carlinkit3.0 for wireless connection on my Range Rover 2021. I have been using it for 2 years. The wireless connection is as smooth as wired CarPlay. If you want to add third party apps you can go for their ai box, which is around $140-$170. The 3.0 is $55 now from carlinkitbox.