Welcome to the #1 Range Rover Forum and Range Rover community dedicated to Range Rover owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Range Rover Forum today!

Is the sunroof suppose to leak into the runoff tray when closed in heavy rain??

kwar63

Recently purchased a 2008 RR sport with 117,000 miles. I was in a pretty good storm yesterday and I had the fabric open to the sunroof. Sunroof glass was fully closed. I could see rain, lots of rain, running in along the front corners of the sunroof and dripping into the plastic runoff tray inside the sunroof rails which then drain out the drip drains. All cars have these drip tray/drains but I have never seen water coming in at that rate. It was not a drip. It was a 8 drops at a time fast drip in both front corners of the sunroof. No water came in the car interior but it was concerning. I just happen to be taking the car back to my salesman for some follow up. I showed him and explained. He said 'oh yes, it is supposed to do that'. I am calling BS. Please reply with your experiences. Is he right or does the sunroof most likely need adjusting?

Kurt