Welcome to the #1 Range Rover Forum and Range Rover community dedicated to Range Rover owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Range Rover Forum today!

Need help

Hi - I just bought a 2020 RR Velar P340 R Dynamic S (30K miles). I should say I'm new to RR and in fact new to driving an SUV. I also know zilch about cars in general. But there's an issue and I'm wondering if this is normal or if not, what the problem might be. When I break and come to a full stop, the car jerks very slightly and transitions to a mode where I can barely hear the engine. When I apply the gas it jerks again (still a slight jerk but more pronounced than when I applied the breaks) and the engine 'turns on' (that's what it sounds like, like the engine quickly turning over/on). This doesn't happen when I tap the breaks to slow down, only when I come to a complete stop. If I'm stopped long enough the engine can 'turn on/turn over' on its own without me applying gas.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas as to what the issue is?

Thank you!