Welcome to the #1 Range Rover Forum and Range Rover community dedicated to Range Rover owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Range Rover Forum today!

Install an original Denso Sat Nav in a car that didn’t come with one

I purchased a 2008 Range Rover Sport 3.6 Diesel that didn’t have a Sat nav fitted. Is it a viable proposition to have the original Denso unit fitted to my car? I recently acquired one of these, but can’t seem to find any info on the subject. I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help.
Ross

JohnSL

I purchased a 2008 Range Rover Sport 3.6 Diesel that didn’t have a Sat nav fitted. Is it a viable proposition to have the original Denso unit fitted to my car? I recently acquired one of these, but can’t seem to find any info on the subject. I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help.
Ross
Go to Carputech, the manufacturer of CarPlay modules and Car GPS Nav head units. I installed a carputech CarPlay module on my Range Rover 2016. And then my nephew bought a Car Navi screen for his Ford F150 from them. For us, they have good prices and professional tech supports for these products.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Hi JohnSL,
Thanks for reaching out. I've sent Carputech an inquiry. My main concern was not to have to 'butcher' anything in order to fit a new unit. Once I hear back from them I'll be sure to let you. and anyone else who may be considering the same issue. I should mention that my mechanic who is also an auto electrician, seems to think it would be necessary to cut the dash itself to facilitate fitment of the original Denso unit.
Kind regards,
Ross