Welcome to the #1 Range Rover Forum and Range Rover community dedicated to Range Rover owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Range Rover Forum today!

Cleared ECM Codes - should I be concerned

kwar63

I just bought a 2008 Range Rover Sport. I took it to my mechanic for evaluation and he scanned it and got the following 'ECM Codes Stored - P0420 (Cat converter bank 1), P0730 (incorrect gear ratio), IPC Codes U0132 (ride control failure), U0140 (body control module), U0159 (park asst. control), U0127 (tmps module)'. I have looked up the definitions of each of these codes. I contacted the dealer who sold me the vehicle and he stated that all those codes were 'cleared faults' or in other words, old faults from previous issues that had been resolved and cleared. He stated that I should not be concerned because they were not current or active faults that were indicating through warning lights in the vehicle.

Should I be concerned. Is the dealer right? Are these just old faults that have been resolved. Thanks in advance for the help.

The vehicle is in good condition and service records show all routine maintenance performed per schedule. The vehicle has a 117,000 miles on it. Vehicle has spent it entire life in Houston, Texas in mild Gulf Coast climate. No snow, salt, etc.

Kurt

rjsimmons

If the codes were cleared, they should not re-appear unless the fault still exists. If they are 'stored' then they are nothing more than historical. An easy way to check is the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor): at the air pump at a gas station, let out the air in one of your tires (down to 15-20lbs). The TPMS should go off. Fill the tire with air and follow your manuals instructions on how to reset it. If this fails, talk to your mech to re-evaluate.