Welcome to the #1 Range Rover Forum and Range Rover community dedicated to Range Rover owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Range Rover Forum today!

Tow hitch

rjsimmons

At $450-700 per copy, the RR receiver is a bit pricey, especially considering it is little more than a simple forged item. The best price I have seen on OEM is this:

Range Rover Hitch

However, a more economical variant is this:

Non-OEM Hitch

The diff being that the OEM is a simple slide-in option whereas the aftermarket is bolt on. If your rig is not set up with a tow package, you will still need to add the electrical connection.

The electrical harness is pricey and about a 4 hour job to install! Been there done that. my 2011 is a great tow vehicle though big brakes and 510 under the hood!

flamecycle

On both my '96 P38 back in the day, and my son's new '07, they both have come equipped already with the receiver. So we just needed a hitch. The thing I found is that in order to preserve departure angles, the received is tucked waaaaay under there. Instead of being able to use my other hitches that I use with my other trucks, I had to get an "extended" hitch. Nothing special, except it's about 4" longer than the typical hitch ball assembly. I want to say it was more like $70 and I ordered it from an auto parts store.